Dental Gel 1-TDC - 60 capsules
1-TDC is an esterified MonoUnsaturated Fatty Acid mixture of cetylmyristoleate, cetyl myristate, cetyl palmitoleate, cetyl laureate, cetyl palmitate and cetyl oleate.
Topical 1-TDC in the Treatment of Periodontal Disease in Cats
Dr. James Anthony: Pacific Dental Service for Animals, Princeton, BC
Results - Clinical Observations
- No complications/adverse events have occurred during the study period.
- All cats continued their regular daily life with no obvious discomfort.
- Daily applications were easy, quick and had no negative impact on oral tissues or in general on cats.
- Cats were very cooperative and willing to get the daily applications suggesting that the acceptance of the topical 1-TDC was high.
- 1-TDC treated group exhibited statistically significant reduction in pocket depth, clinical attachment loss, gingival index and bleeding on probing after treatment at 6 weeks, while placebo group did not show any significant change.
- Compared to placebo group, 1-TDC group demonstrated significant reductions in clinical attachment loss, gingival index and bleeding on probing at six weeks.
- Tooth Mobility was dramatically reduced after treatment with topical 1-TDC, however due to high variation between patients the difference did not reach to statistical significance.
- Topical treatment with 1-TDC complex resulted in significant reductions in all parameters of clinical periodontal disease at 6 weeks.
- 1-TDC provides significant improvement in gingival and periodontal health and can be an alternative, safe and non-invasive therapeutic approach in cats suffering from destructive periodontal diseases.
1-Tetradecanol Complex: Therapeutic Actions in Experimental Periodontitis
There is substantial evidence that the products of arachidonic acid (AA) metabolism may be pivotal in triggering and perpetuating the inflammatory changes seen in periodontitis. High concentrations of some of these chemicals are particularly destructive and implicated in periodontal diseases.
Manipulation of the immune response to suppress unwanted inflammatory reactions has been widely studied as a treatment for controlling such inflammatory responses in periodontal disease. Fatty acids have been proposed to reduce chronic inflammation by reducing the release of chemicals from stimulated white blood cells.
Treatment with 1-TDC resulted in a significant reduction in inflammation and bone loss compared to baseline periodontitis.
1-TDC treatment for periodontitis resulted in periodontal bone gain, whereas sites treated with placebo or left untreated had bone loss.
1-TDC treatment significantly reduced the inflammatory cell infiltration
The results indicate that 1-TDC™ is capable of reversing inflammation in periodontitis. These findings and the normal characteristics of newly formed bone in the 1-TDC™ sections suggested that 1-TDC™ was able to stop the progression of the disease and initiate healing, leading to bone reformation.
1-TDC™ treatment further initiates healing and the reformation of periodontal tissue integrity lost as a result of inflammation.
Although the precise mechanisms underlying these actions of 1-TDC™ remain to be elucidated, it is clear that dietary fatty acids have the potential to alter the level of inflammation. The therapeutic use of topically applied fatty acid preparations has significant clinical potential.
Contact us for details of other Papers and Presentations on 1-TDC
Back to Products